GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking a land surveyor (instrument operator) with a positive, energetic, and cooperative attitude for our Buffalo, NY office.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Candidates should have sufficient experience to comprehend and learn the field practice of surveying
- Perform fieldwork for construction surveying, boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, and existing conditions
- Will operate and maintain survey instruments and measuring devices
- Assist the party chief in completing different types of survey work assignments
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Specialized vocational training or degree in survey technology preferred
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Able to work outdoors in all conditions
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)