Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Laboratory Technician II receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Business Unit Manager or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
OVERALL OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
2. Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
3. Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
4. Registration of incoming samples (as needed), maintaining a neat and accurate record system of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
5. Enter the sample data into DQCI LIMS or Eurofins eLIMS systems, either manually or through automatic export, in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Complete component/quality testing on all incoming producer samples in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. Testing includes micro plating.
7. Verify results and submit results, either electronically or in hard copy, to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
8. Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
9. Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
10. Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes "intra" and "inter" departmental employees.
11. Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Responsive problem solver and action oriented.
Initial Education Background:
High School diploma. Preferred Bachelor's Degree
1-3 years experience
Position is full-time, Sunday to Friday 9 am to 5:30pm with Tuesday off. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fresno, CA are encouraged to apply.