This job has expired.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Laboratory Technician I, using general laboratory methods, techniques, equipment, and instrumentation in compliance with EurofinsQuality Assurance programs and SOP's, supports laboratory operations through general maintenance of laboratory and supply storage areas, equipment, instruments, and supplies.
Laboratory Technician I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Retrieves samples from Sample Control for analysis.
• Performs sample preparation which may include, but is not limited to, a combination of the following methods:
o Aliquot samples
o Spike and trace samples
o Prepare reagents
o Bottle samples
o Prepare concentrations
o Liquid rack set up
• Resolves discrepancies and anomalies to ensure samples are properly
• Prepares general laboratory paperwork such as recording analysis results,
• tracking samples, bench sheets, and laboratory logbooks.
• Washes laboratory glassware to prepare for next day's samples.
• Stocks laboratory supplies.
• Cleans work area(s) to maintain a safe working environment.
• Assists other laboratory areas as needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• General knowledge of chemistry and/or general science
• Basic mathematical skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
• Work independently
• Work within time constraints
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• High school diploma or equivalent
• High school Chemistry coursework, basic laboratory experience
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Full-time position Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Candidates living within a commutable distance of University Park, ILare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!