Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratory offers analytical support and food safety consulting to a wide range of local, regional and international clients. ECAL's services include chemical analysis, inspection and sampling of food and commodities, such as grain and grain by-products and food safety consulting.
ECAL's analytical methods and personnel are certified, approved, or accredited by recognized organizations such as A2LA, AOCS, IOC, FOSFA and GAFTA. Additionally, ECAL has been certified by the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare.
Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratory, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Laboratory Department Manager in New Orleans, LA.
Department Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for direct line supervision of analysts and all activities relating to sample testing and instrument maintenance in the Food and Grain Testing Laboratory. Laboratory testing includes proximate testing of various cereal grains as well as mycotoxin analysis.
• Training of employees on test methods, safety rules and procedures as well as quality program.
• Oversight of method development of new analytical methods.
• Data review of all test results and determining if controls meet QC acceptance criteria.
• Authoring and review of technical documents including Standard Operating Procedures, and control specifications.
• Monitoring equipment control documentation.
• Maintaining test result records and electronic data records.
• Monitoring employee's punctuality, work habits, and communication of workers' performance to upper management.
• Maintaining sufficient knowledge of ongoing changes within the area of supervision to provide accurate guidance during development of new projects.
• Ensuring implementation of quality control program in the laboratory.
• Communicating directly with clients on a daily basis regarding testing methods and results; diligently managing customer complaint processes and CAPA systems.
• Troubleshooting of equipment and analytical procedures.
• Provides technical guidance and expertise to laboratory analysts in the Food Chemistry department
• Expertise in grain quality highly desired
• Receives directions from the Lab Director and Quality Unit regarding validation of existing analytical methods.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry, food science, orequivalent
• At least five years of directly related experience in a food chemistry testing environment and a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of New Orleans, LAare encouraged to apply.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!