Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50countries and about 55,000 staff.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Laboratory Assistant is primarily responsible for performing duties related to accessioning, specimen management, problem resolution, and data entry and specimen storage with a high degree of proficiency.
These isa full-timeposition, with the following work schedule:
Monday- Friday, 10:00pm- 6:30am
Essential Job Duties:
Level I - Minimum
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Receive incoming shipments and document appropriately
- Examine samples for accuracy and other requirements (sample type, volume, etc.)
- Contact client to resolve sample and/or testing related issues or discrepancies
- Complete correction requests as needed
- Operation of the front end processing automation equipment as assigned by management
- Perform data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Label samples and deliver them to proper area(s)
- Retrieve and re-file samples for testing
- Properly store specimens for short term and long term storage
- Prepare specimens to be shipped and adhere to all applicable shipping requirements
- Aid laboratory personnel in cleaning duties
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance records as required
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Adhere to policies and protocols in the lab
- Work closely and communicate with other lab associates to complete daily activities efficiently
- Other duties as assigned by management
Level I - Minimum
Additional InformationWhat Happens Next
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of clinical laboratory experience preferred
- Must be comfortable with raw specimen handling
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Position may require evening and weekend hours
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs, with database skills and 1 year data entry experience preferred
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.