This job has expired.
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health.
This is a per diem position working the 2nd and 3rd shift.
* Care provided is appropriate to the age of the patients served, as defined in the scope of
service for the associate's area of practice, to include: Neonatal (Birth-4 weeks), Infant
(4 weeks-1 year), Toddler (1-3 years), Pre-School (3-6 years), School Age (6-12 years),
Adolescent (12-18 years), Early Adulthood (19-45 years), Middle Adulthood (46-60 years),
Later Adulthood (Over 61 years).
* Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the
* Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of growth and development.
Performs technical procedures in assigned department. Recognizes
documents and attempts to eliminate technical problems and organizes work to achieve
accurate reproducible results in minimum time.
* Demonstrates competent technical abilities in all assigned procedures.
* Maintains neat, legible and organized written records with minimal clerical/data entry
errors, including errors of omission.
* Recognizes problems (to include technical, instrumental, and physiological) during
testing, records problem, discusses problem and solution with supervisor.
* Accurately assesses the workload throughout the shift to assure time is properly spent on
the highest priority procedures and is able to shift priorities if work flow changes.
* Maintains a clean, organized work area. Accurately assesses supply inventory levels and
acts to assure that adequate short term and long term needs will be met.
* Special projects (QA studies, procedures updates, etc.) are completed within the agreed
upon time period and are done as instructed, requiring minimal modification.
* Effectively supervises routine operation of others as requested by the supervisor.
* Demonstrates good judgement in handling situations not covered by written or verbal
* Utilizes all appropriate computer functions (both HIS and LIS Systems) in an optimal
fashion. Actively seeks to be informed regarding computer procedures.
* Hematology technologist assigned to Cancer Center able to perform venipuncture including
samples for Blood Bank, and Cultures.
* Technologist with AA/AS works in more than one clinical area (Chemistry, Microbiology,
Blood Bank, or Phlebotomy Department) at least on shift per month.
* May assume charge duties of the department.
Maintains knowledge of the quality control and proficiency survey
programs. Detects and reacts to out-of-range controls and equipment malfunctions.
Documents all corrective action to ensure accurate and reproducible test results.
* Prepares and uses proper controls and/or standards for all tests performed. Records data
and follows specified guidelines dealing with course of action for out of range results.
* Correlates data (clerical or technical) and monitors test results for reasonableness.
Detects discrepancies and takes appropriate action.
* Performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled equipment maintenance within expected
* Recognizes and troubleshoots most equipment malfunctions without assistance, using
control/patient results and equipment performance as a guide.
* Bachelors degree in one of the biologic, chemical or physical sciences.
* Minimum of three years experience as a Medical Technologist.
* National certification preferred i.e. ASCP, HEW, NCA, ASMT, AAB or equivalent.
* Must be a licensed Medical Technologist in more than one Clinical area by the state of Florida.
* If working night shift must be licensed in all areas.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Farmingville, New York
Posted 29 minutes ago
West Hartford, Connecticut
Posted 29 minutes ago
Posted 27 minutes ago