Location: New York City, NY
The Judge Group is looking for a Lab Tech to work in Brooklyn, New York
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for quickest feedback.
Mix of first and second shifts. Production's call time for the day.
- This position requires processing samples from individuals suspected of COVID-19.
- The Laboratory Technician in the Molecular Biology clinical laboratory will be responsible for performing nucleic acid-based assays where high level of proficiency in nucleic acid extraction methods and qPCR is required.
- High proficiency with independent data analysis required.
- Preferred experience in a high throughput lab where day to day activities are heavily driven by meeting deadlines.
- Each individual performing high complexity testing must:
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Adhere to safety guidelines, including the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, clinical consultant, or director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications; and perform high complexity testing only under the onsite, direct supervision of a general supervisor qualified under Sec. 493.1461.
- Train New Technicians, as assigned.
- Meets education and experience equivalent to guidelines mandated by Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and with the Pennsylvania State Department of Health (PA DOH) requirements for Technical Personnel.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, or biological science including lab courses involving work with nucleic acid technology.
- 2 years or more of relevant experience with molecular biology skills, including qPCR and DNA/RNA Extraction preferred.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Based on work assignment, may be recommended to have medical testing in accordance with the company's Occupational Health Program.
Now that you've spent the past five minutes reading through the information you might as well apply. Send your updated resume to email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you,
Recruiter Associate| The Judge Group
Direct line: 610-617-1504Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com