The Nebraska Department of Revenue has a leadership opportunity to join the IT Services team as an IT Supervisor. This team creates custom applications that support the Department in its mission of administering the state revenue tax laws with integrity, efficiency, and consistency.
This position supervises a team of approximately 10 developers. It also offers a mix of hands-on development and managerial duties.
Hiring rate: 84,610 annually
NSOB -Lincoln, 2nd floor
40 hrs weekly
Examples of Work
1. Supervise a team of application developers and other technical staff. This includes hiring, training, coaching, providing professional development opportunities, assigning work, evaluating and correcting job performance, and disciplining as needed.
2. Manage the planning, development, design, testing, documentation, training, and implementation of complex multi-platform applications.
3. Manage projects including monitoring progress, reporting on status, developing and following timelines, identifying and removing obstacles to progress, and defining work plans.
4. Supervise the change management process for complex, multi-platform applications; evaluate and prioritize requests, review and approve work orders, ensure changes are approved, tested, documented and implemented in adherence to Department procedures.
5. Estimate timelines and costs for requested system changes including fiscal notes for legislative changes.
6. Coordinate activities between the IT Services staff and other areas of the Department, other state agencies, and vendors.
7. Ensure compliance with Department policies and Nebraska Information Technology Commission Standards and Guidelines.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least five years of experience in a senior or lead role in application development. Strong written and oral communication skills.
PREFERRED: Management experience, knowledge of Nebraska tax programs, and database administration is preferred.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 1 day ago
Posted 1 day ago
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted about 22 hours ago