MV Transportation is seeking a professional IT Infrastructure Manager with a broad set of advanced technical skills to support, configure, implement, and continually improve our technical infrastructure operations. The IT Infrastructure Manager will ensure optimal system up-time is achieved and deliver an exceptional technical support service to our customers.
- Accountable to meet or exceed performance metrics (KPIs) for IT Operations and infrastructure
- Perform advanced build, administration, and support of MV Transportation's key Data Center technologies
- Troubleshoot complex systems issues and work with third party resources as required
- Adhere to standards across IT Operations and contribute to continual improvement in our technical support and delivery
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, manage time, and work with other staff members, as well as departments on critical projects
- Soft skills: excellent problem solving, communication, , sense of urgency, and possess great customer service skills
- Create and maintain technical documentation as required
- Belongs to an on-call rotation which includes off-hour duties
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Preferred Level of Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field or relevant work experience
- Manage a direct team of engineers responsible for maintaining the up-time, reliability and quality of the IT Infrastructure
- Perform personnel management tasks including but not limited to recruiting, staff hiring, performance reviews, employee career development, etc.
- Minimum 15 years IT administration experience with at least 5 years in a management role with a team supporting Data Center and Enterprise 24x7x365 environments
- Oversee governance for Change Management, Configuration Management, Problem Management, Availability Management, Alert & Event Management, and Incident Management
- Develop and maintain processes in alignment with ITIL guidelines
- Ensure efficient processes and documentation exist to support internal systems and applications, including steps to diagnose & restore services, or escalate as needed
- Maintain strong IT & Business Partner relationships, reviewing metrics and benchmarks, and aligning SLAs, priorities, and process improvements efforts
- Provide appropriate service-level reporting, including Availability, Incidents, SLAs, and other metrics as required
- Microsoft Windows 2K8 R2 - 2K16
- Windows Clustering
- Trend Micro Antivirus Administration
- Advanced Administration of Active Directory including GPOs with 30+ sites and over 18k users both on premise
- Office 365 Administration
- VMware 4.x - 6.x, vCenter, VMware Operations Manager required
- DNS, DHCP, NAS, VPN, load balancing, clustering, backup solutions (preferably BackupExec)
- Solid administration, configuration, and support of Exchange 2010 and Exchange Online
- Advanced Dell Equallogic administration, support, and configuration experience including iSCSI setups on Windows Servers
- MS SQL 2K8 & 2K12 server build, configuration and support experience required
- Dell server racking, set-up, configuration, and support
- Expert in SolarWinds Orion suite of products
- Experience using ServiceNow ITSM
- Travel to remote Data Centers as needed (negligible)
- Ability to be on-call with a rotation of other engineers
- Industry certifications: MCSA, VCP (or higher), CCNA
- Experience working in large scale, enterprise environments with enterprise controls
- This position is 75% technical and 25% management. Technical is weighed more heavily than management experience
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.