Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Work from home options
* Casual dress code
This position is responsible for supporting Business Intelligence (BI) operations primarily using Tableau Desktop and Server in a windows & AWS environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will be have a solid background in modern, self service BI technologies and processes in a banking/financial services environment using Tableau (desktop and server) and SQL.
- Experience with SSRS, Power Tools for Deployment and self service data prep tools like Tableau Prep and Alteryx are preferred.
- Primary duties will include Tableau server monitoring, administration and working with business users to ensure best practices on published workbooks.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about data and will have a mix of business and IT skills to build a rapport with business users.
- Day to day activities will include:
- Monitoring the Tableau server for performance issues & delays & working with users to resolve issues.
- Working with business users to review new workbooks for performance and best practices before they are published to production.
- Develop an understanding of available data & make recommendations to users
- Help run office hours and user groups
- Identify opportunities to consolidate datasets and extracts
- Develop and manage automated deployment utilities using power Tools
- Work with users to validate and deploy SSRS reports.
Software requirements Experience requirements Education requirements
* 4+ years maintaining and administering Tableau Server
* 4+ years developing with Tableau Desktop
* Strong SQL experience is required
* Database management experience required
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (cloud technologies) is required
* Extensive Knowledge of Self Service data prep tools
* Strong communication skills and an outgoing personality are essential
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum or Kanban environment is required.
* College graduate, Masters Degree in Science preferred.Knowledge, Skills, ablilties, and behaviors required
Must be passionate about data, professional, able to meet deadlines, and a good communicator.