Perform analysis as directed by the Manager to ensure the accuracy of inventory records, reconcile and perform root cause analysis to correct discrepancies and manage the perpetual cycle count program within the warehouse.
- Generate monthly Raw material/component expiration report
- Maintain the accuracy of all inventories (raw materials, components) to ensure that the accuracy of transactions and balances on hand are maintained within stated department levels.
- Maintain the Inventory Cycle Count process to comply with Akorn, Corporate Compliance, standards for perpetual inventory status. Review, analyze and make adjustments based on cycle count results.
- Assist the Manager in the review, maintenance, and revision of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that define inventory transactions to ensure these procedures support stated departmental goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate all inventory transactions (receiving, pick ticket issues, shipping, IA, II, PI, etc.) to ensure accuracy is maintained to stated departmental levels. Reconcile and perform root cause analysis on all transactions deemed out of tolerance.
- Run monthly Inventory Reports, including but not limited to Scrap, Usage, On Hand Inventory, etc.
- Maintain all scrap and rejected materials. Ensure visibility is maintained for all materials awaiting destruction. Support production reporting of scrap to ensure controlled destruction and accurate reporting.
- Support physical inventory activities.
- Ensure all non-production materials are properly requisitioned to ensure accuracy of inventory records.
- Coordinate production requirements with production planning.
- Support the Finance Department during the month-end close process. Investigate and perform root cause analysis on inventory control issues.
- Measure Department performance through appropriate inventory control metrics. Responsible for running excess / aging reports.
- Create/Maintain production bills of materials and recipes in JDE system.
- Work with QA, Doc Control and Corporate IT to update and test revised QA documents.
- In conjunction with Corporate, work in OSM to maintain accuracy of data, including recipes, material master information, serial number pools, etc.
- Work with Engineering/Validation Team to maintain and ensure accuracy in Line Master
- Work with Site Accountant to help resolve work order financial issues (missing cost, etc.)
- Create SOPs as required
- Generate/process Change Control (CCRs) as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Company Overview Who we are?
- B.S./B.A. in Finance, Accounting, or Production Management preferred. Equivalent experience considered
- A.P.I.C.S. Certification preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of Inventory Control experience preferred
- Experience using a major ERP software package preferred. (JD Edwards)
- Possess analytical skills necessary to effectively analyze inventory records to determine errors, trends, etc.
- Incumbent must possess appropriate communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- The ability to maintain inventory accuracy has a direct impact on the profitability of Akorn by allowing completion of the production schedule as planned.
- Effective management of the cycle count process allows maintenance of perpetual Inventory status, thereby eliminating the costly annual physical inventory process.
- Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hour week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patients' lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.