Position Location: Motiva Corporate Office; Houston, TX
If you are currently enrolled as a student, Motiva's paid, assessed Internship Program enables you to get to know our company and immerse yourself in the oil and gas industry. It gives you day-to-day involvement in actual projects selected to match your interests and abilities. A supervisor and mentor will provide you with regular assessments and performance feedback throughout your internship. This is to ensure you get the most from your experience and help you decide if a potential career with Motiva is right for you.
Following completion of a successful internship, you have the potential to be offered a returning internship or full-time role that follows Motiva's Grad Framework dependent on your graduation date and business need.
An internship on Motiva's Product Quality & Compliance Team will provide you with an opportunity to immediately engage in creating and implementing solutions to some of the technical and organizational challenges encountered when buying, storing, shipping, and selling transportation fuels and chemicals.
As a Product Quality & Compliance Team intern, you will be provided with summer projects that will give you the opportunity to gain experience and insight into managing the quality of finished products such as gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel while also engaging in the review and interpretation of current and developing fuels compliance regulations impacting our world of transportation today. Some of these responsibilities may include:
• Reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting fuels regulations
• Developing dynamic training modules for performing test methods
• Implementing projects to enhance the effectiveness of quality control processes.
• 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Pursuing a B.S. in Science/Engineering
• Basic computer skills, MS Windows, MS office and MS Excel
• Basic computation and technical skills
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
• Previous internship experience is a plus
• Proven leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities preferred
• Other work experience not related to position/area of study will be taken into consideration
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.