Beacon Hill Legal's client is a Fortune 500 diversified financial services group of companies headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. They're looking to bring on a remote, temporary Insurance Litigation Attorney.
About the position:
- Provide legal counsel to support business objectives and mitigate regulatory, compliance, and litigation risk to the company.
- Lead complex legal assignments with a high level of business impact and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Proactively identify and manages existing and emerging legal and other risks that stem from business activities, in alignment with the company's legal risk appetite.
- Ensure risks are effectively measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders and varying levels of leadership in both verbal and written forms.
- Produce clear and concise legal positions.
- Proactively monitor and analyze changes in laws, regulations, and industry and advise appropriate organizational leadership of such changes in a timely manner.
- Proactively collaborate across the company and the Chief Legal Office to mitigate risk.
- Work effectively with outside counsel or contract professionals to complete assignments.
- May assist more senior attorneys in providing advice and counsel on highly complex matters.
- Ensure escalation of matters presenting more significant risk to more senior attorneys.
- Serve as a resource to less experienced team members.
Who you are:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required.
- Must be licensed and in good standing in any U.S jurisdiction
- 6+ years of experience defending and evaluating uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motorist claims, personal injury protection/medical payments (PIP/MP) claims, and/or bodily injury claims across multiple states.
- Experience in understanding and applying insuring agreement language concerning PIP/MP and/or UM/UIM claims along with analyzing and evaluating case values and establishing and executing effective litigation and negotiation strategy.
- Preferred experience includes defense of "bad faith" litigation arising out of UM/UIM claims and/or PIP/MP.
- Experience with Windows
- Experience with a document repository and documentation system
- Experience with claims software system
- Location: Remote
- Start: ASAP
- End: 8/20/23 with possibility of additional year extension
- Hours: 8-hour days/40-hour work weeks
- Equipment will be provided
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)