At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
The Instrument & Electrical Technician (I&E) will work in a high performance, team-centered work environment to support the maintenance and operations functions, by providing the expertise to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical power systems, motor drives, control systems, as well as instruments used in the systems. This is a skilled position with the opportunity to progress to a multi-skilled technician. Celgard offers technicians the ability to utilize and/or build upon their web-based process skills while working on blown film extrusion, lamination, coating, process ovens and converting equipment.
Under minimal supervision perform instrumentation and electrical maintenance functions which include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow all Celgard safety guidelines and procedures while demonstrating the ability to support a safe work culture.
- Work collaboratively with all maintenance and manufacturing personnel.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical power systems, motor drives, control systems, as well as instruments used in the systems.
- Repair and/or replace electrical components.
- Perform electrical calibrations & preventative maintenance.
- Disassemble, clean, reassemble production equipment.
- Install and/or verify correct instrument installation.
- Understand purpose of and ability to safely use test equipment such as process, volt, ohm and current meters, along with megohmmeter and oscilloscopes.
- Use verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of co-workers and management.
- Update electrical drawings & procedures as needed.
- Operate PIV equipment (forklifts, portable hoist, cherry picker, one-man lift, etc.).
- Train other maintenance personnel on I&E systems and personal areas of expertise.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial environment performing electrical maintenance.
- Experience navigating & troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC systems and AC Inverter Drives.
- Experience troubleshoot a wide range of AC/DC electrical systems.
- Experience reading/comprehend electrical schematics.
- Must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend and twist in order to reach remote equipment.
- Strong proficiency with computers and computer applications (MS Office, Word, Excel).
Must be able to work 12 hour shift, 2-2-3 schedule 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Must have ability to utilize company cell phone, carry out sight wide communications and prioritize task.
Electrical experience related to any of the following preferred:
- Experience supporting instrumentation and control loops for temperature, pressure, tension, and flow
- Web Extrusion
- Process Ovens
- Web Coating
- Web Converting Equipment
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Associate degree or certificate in Electrical Technology highly preferred.
- Considerations will be made for related field or relevant military experience
$1000.00 Sign-on bonus
401(k) Program - Company match and safe harbor contribution of 3%
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits - Medical PPO premium options ranging from $58.00-$134.00 per bi-weekly pay period.
Eligible for benefits approx. 31 days from hire, depending on start date.
Vacation - 80 hours (pro-rated based on hire date)
9 Paid Holidays, plus 16 additional Flexible Holiday Hours
Employee Referral Program Incentive
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.