At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) our mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software - such as Oculus Quest, Portal, and Spark AR - that are immersive, social, and increase the depth of people's connections. Our team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live. We're seeking experienced Infrastructure software engineers to join our teams in FRL. Join us!
Infrastructure Software Engineer (Leadership) - Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Drive the team's goals and technical direction to pursue opportunities that make your larger organization more efficient
- Effectively communicate complex features and systems in detail
- Understand industry & company-wide trends to help assess & develop new technologies
- Partner & collaborate with organization leaders to help improve the level of performance of the team & organization
- Identify new opportunities for the larger organization & influence the appropriate people for staffing/prioritizing these new ideas
- Understand the goals, strategy, and engineering bottlenecks of the organization
- Advocate for higher product quality and engineering efficiency
- Experience leading projects with industry-wide impact
- Experience communicating and working across functions to drive solutions
- Experience in mentoring/influencing senior engineers across organizations
- Proven track record of planning multi-year roadmap in which shorter-term projects ladder to the long-term vision
- Experience in driving large cross-functional/industry-wide engineering efforts
- 12+ years of programming experience
- 12+ years of experience with building large-scale applications, or similar experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building backend services or platforms
- Experience building AR/VR products or infra from ideation to shipping
- Experience shipping products to millions of customers or have started a new line of product
- Experience with virtual reality (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.