Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Network Engineer is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the Eurofins TestAmerica WAN (wide-area network). Additionally, maintains network security from the Internet, the VPN for remote access, and supportnetworking equipment such as routers, firewalls, CSU/DSU's, and switches.
Network Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains network equipment to ensure that equipment is up-to-date, security is not compromised, and to optimize performance.
• Analysis of internet access and security to keep Eurofins TestAmerica data confidential, and to prevent tampering with internal resources.
• Manages installations of network equipment in remote locations to ensure proper connectivity to network.
• Designs and implements new network services for Eurofins Central Laboratoryand supervises the rollout of these services.
• Interfaces with telephone company vendors to resolve issues and keep network outages to a minimum.
• Reviews network security logs for abnormal events to ensure no undetected network access has been attained.
• Maintains network documentation and maps to ensure network designs are optimal and accurate.
• Reviews monthly statements for telecommunication services to ensure accuracy.
• Provides application support for other departments as needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Knowledge of CISCO routers, Ethernet, Frame-Relay, and Firewalls
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and various other protocols
• Maintaining and supporting CISCO routers and switches
• Maintain and support firewalls and other related security concepts
• Knowledge of IP addressing
• Knowledge of Protocol analysis
• Ability to multitask
• Maintain productivity in fast-paced environment
• Work with minimal supervision
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 5 years of CISCO experience, Ethernet networks, T1 data circuits, Frame-Relay, Ethernet hubs and switches, firewalls, Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and various other protocols
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Position is full time Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm at our Lancaster, Pennsylvania location. All applicants within Lancaster, PA commuting distance are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Posted about 3 hours ago
San Antonio, Texas
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago