Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
019461 Industrial Mechanical Maintenance Tech (Open)
Education and Experience
- Adheres to and follows all company and plant safety policies and procedures
- Participation in plant wide safety, housekeeping and continuous improvement efforts
- Perform predictive, preventative and precision maintenance activities as assigned , including ultrasound, thermography, condition montioring , lubrication , shaft alignment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with mechancial equipment and systems, including but not limited to hydraulics, pneumatics, gear reducers, bearings, couplings and lubrication.
- Perform general metal and piping fabrication, including welding, cutting and grinding.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, diagrams, sketches, engineering specifications, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Uses hand tools and measuring instruments to complete thorough and precise repairs.
- Execute work in a timely manner consistent with precision maintenance techniques and industry best practices
- Must be able to safely operate mobile equipment, such as forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- High School diplomas (or equivalent)
- +5 years of industry/manufacturing experience as a Journeyman Mechanic, Millwright, Mutli-Craft or equivalent mechanical on the job experience/training in an industrial manufacturing facility
- Familiar with predictive, preventative and precision maintenance tools and their use, involving shaft/pulley/sheave alignment, ultrasound, thermography and lubrication.
- Experiencve with rigging and large material handling tools., equipment and procedures.
- Demonstates ability to operate machines, hand tools and electrical equipment
- Possesses an operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and work orders
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills with practical mechanical aptitude
- Possesses basic troubleshooting experience and proven skills in equipment repair
- Knowledge of pump internals and rebuilding including bearings, seals, sleeves, etc. Proper installation and removal.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to follow directions and work well on a team. Welding and fabricaton experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsaft Office suite and other relevant software.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.