Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a global leader in Hydrogen technology, strategy and project delivery, combining the best of consultancy and engineering to deliver in partnership with clients on a global scale. In the last twelve months Wood has secured over 30 separate hydrogen awards worth $600M+ which now need to be delivered and we anticipate continued growth in this space for 2022 continuing in the short, medium, and long term. The contract awards span green, blue and bio-hydrogen projects and further strengthen Wood's position as a key delivery partner in building out the hydrogen economy and helping clients navigate towards a low-carbon future.
Wood is seeking passionate Hydrogen / Power Project Delivery Specialist to join a rapidly expanding team and deliver on our North American expansion plans, helping to drive the next stage of our hydrogen growth strategy. You will be at the center of Wood's global decarbonization and energy transition strategy, connected to digital, data, project delivery, operations, and other parts of the business.
You might be a specialist or generalist, but certainly curious. You will be working in the rapidly growing energy transition business of Wood, focused on North and South America, as part of an international team providing commercial, technical and strategic consulting advice and leadership to clients for green hydrogen projects of all sizes. Mentorship, training and team building relating to Wood's green hydrogen delivery team will be expected.
Core work scopes include leading clients through feasibility, pre/FEED, Feed and eventual delivery of green hydrogen projects in a variety of industries include transport, industry, power, gas networks, aviation, renewable energy, export and other applications. Wood works across sectors and the entire value chain to help our existing and new clients find and create value in the emerging green hydrogen space, whether it's make it, move it, or use it.
- Provide technical and project management support to a global range of multi-disciplinary renewable energy and green hydrogen projects.
- Interface with a team of specialists to progress and deliver projects through feasibility, pre-construction and construction phases.
- Develops design solutions according to requirements, to deliver products, equipment, materials, etc. of the highest standard
- Support progressing projects in accordance with the pre-defined budgets, deadlines and quality requirements during design phase of project
- Support engagement with all aspects of the hydrogen chain, including equipment suppliers and end users.
- Contribute to Invitation to Tender, tender evaluation and contract negotiation processes.
- Contribute to business development activities and assist in securing new projects and opportunities for the company.
- Subject Matter Expert green hydrogen in Wood Americas as part of a connected specialist global team
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor or master's degree in a relevant field, with significant leadership and demonstratable hydrogen experience
- Experience delivering consultancy services, such as Feasibility and Conceptual Studies, Financial Models, FEED studies in the renewable energy and fuels sector
- Experience recruiting, mentoring and developing younger colleagues to co-deliver projects in;
- Standardization. Modularization, design and specifications
- Energy conversion and optimization calculations
- Hydrogen production, fuel cells, thermodynamics
- Ideally experience in export models and alternative fuels (ammonia, methanol etc.)
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing in working environment and demonstrate a positive attitude to change
- Up for a challenge. Willingness to deliver meaningful work to tackle world's biggest challenges
- High levels of problem-solving ability, initiative, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Project management, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills
- Ability to align resources internally to seamlessly deliver work externally with client under time constraints
- Must be a US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
What we offer in return
- Work with one of world's leading hydrogen teams on iconic global hydrogen projects
- Part of a globally connected specialist team in North/South America, UK/Europe and APAC
- Full support and encouragement from Exec leadership to own and deliver strategy in Americas
- Impact, purpose and influence from day 1. Ability to reach full potential with support.
- Market leading remunerations, holidays, and insurances packages
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.