About LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.
Women in technology: LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring Scheme for Women in Technology
- Women's Network Forum
- Women in Technology Employee Resource Group (ERG)
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.Software Engineer IIIThis position will work in a Hybrid model from our Alpharetta, GA office location
The candidate chosen for this role will work alongside team members and apply technical, analytical and communication skills towards producing and maintaining high quality database-driven applications using PHP, any PHP based MVC frameworks(such as Laminas, Lumen, Larvavel, etc) and web services technology stack.
The candidate should have the ability to work on individual pieces of work and solve problems including specific browser related errors, performance improvements, and code optimizations.
The candidate will be working on a web-based Login/Underwriting Portal applications, which are used by Insurance carriers for their risk analysis and pricing. This application is build using PHP and Laminas Framework, with jQuery/ReactJS front end and MySQL DB.
You will be also working on developing CI/CD for these applications using GitLab/GitHub Jenkins CI.
We are using ReactJs for web layer development and using JSON based web services to exchange information. For this role we need someone driven and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and also to mentor the junior developers when needed.Experience (US only) and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
5+ years of programming and software development experience
**** REQUIRED SKILLSETS:
The following are must
for this position: Java web development includingServer side
: PHP, Zend/Laminas framework, XML, SOAP/REST, SQL, composer, PHPunit, Contract testing for REST web services.Front-end
: Java script(familiarity with ES6), React JS, debugging using browser dev tools, Ajax, HTML/DOM, CSS,Good to have skills:
Linux, application monitoring (statsd, collectd, Graphite, Graphana), Ansible, Docker, ELK stack (Logstash, Kibana and Elastic), DevOps experience, mocking framework - like Mockito.Skills
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
- Basic skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required)
Helpful / Preferred
- PHP/ Laminas framework application development - Design, develop and maintain.
- Web application development using React JS, java scripts, CSS.
- Implement automation framework, CI/CD and containerization.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct them
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria or choose solutions
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience developing in MVC, Web Forms applications
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with dependency injection, automation, and application design patterns
- Experience using Agile practices
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.