Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a staff level Toxicologist/Environmental Risk Assessor to join our team in Sacramento, California. Candidates with Bachelor's degree in toxicology, environmental health, or related field with at least 2 years of experience in human health risk assessment are encouraged to apply .
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in a wide range of team support roles including data evaluation; compilation of physical, exposure, and toxicity information; risk assessment calculations for sites with State or U.S. EPA oversight.
- Perform fate and transport modeling, including vapor intrusion, air dispersion, and leaching modeling.
- Perform field sampling primarily involving the collection of soil vapor samples as well as documenting field activities.
- Compile, organize, and evaluate field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports. Recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve these situations.
- Perform research and prepare portions of project documents. Responsible for preparing complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports; may also prepare drafts of portions of more complex technical reports.
- Under supervision of the project manager or senior staff, may represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments. Assist with client communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- May travel to project sites primarily in California. Approximately <5% overnight travel.
- Will develop a working understanding of and will apply company, client, and site Health and Safety standards.
Skills / Qualifications Role Requirements:
- BS in toxicology or environmental sciences degree with a chemistry or biology concentration.
- At least 2 years environmental consulting experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and team-oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office. Specific experience and efficiency in complex MS Excel spreadsheets and functions.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy.
Wood's Sacramento, California office provides a broad range of services in engineering, earth and environmental sciences. Our Sacramento staff of approximately 45 engineers, geologists, scientists, and support personnel specializes largely in soil, groundwater, soil vapor, and sediment contamination assessment and remediation, and environmental compliance services. We provide comprehensive support through all phases of assessment and remediation, from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, remedial action, and construction oversight. In addition, we provide storm water, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, and other environmental compliance services, and other health/safety compliance services.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.