Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for performing a variety of complex analysis and tasks under minimal supervision including having expert knowledge of and the ability to administer the following programs at an assigned location: recruiting, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and development, EEO and labor relations to ensure alignment with Human Resources Department objectives.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Support, advise, and partner with management regarding programs and policies in all areas of Human Resources to ensure alignment and support of all HR objectives.
- Act as a liaison between corporate office and the field including assisting with audits, new program rollouts, EEO compliance, etc. to ensure clear understanding and compliance at the local level.
- Develop and execute a recruiting strategy for the assigned location to ensure hiring needs for professional, college, and craft positions are met.
- Ensure legal compliance with various governmental laws and regulations including hiring, retention, corrective coaching, and termination processes to protect the company's best interests.
- Coach and train line managers on HR practices and procedures including employee relations to ensure high performers are engaged and retained.
- Prepare and issue reports on recruiting, retention, advertising expenditures, and EEO compliance to make sure managers can effectively manage their business units.
- Plan and attend industry events and colleges to build a solid recruiting network and ensure recruitment of top talent.
- Provide input on and assist employees with employee development programs to ensure employee success and advancement opportunities.
- Conduct EEO and Benefits education programs for employees to ensure compliance and employee understanding.
- Comply, understand, and promote corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Bachelors degree
- Coursework or training in Human Resources and/or Business preferred.
- PHR, SPHR a plus
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 3-5 years Human Resources & Recruiting experience.
- Experience working in a Construction environment a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and personal information of employees.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of FMLA, EEO, Labor Unions, FLSA
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Public speaking and presentation skills a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Additional Requirements/Skills
- Ability to Travel (20%)
- Team player
- Adhere to Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
#LI-TB1About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.