Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator who will grow at our facility in Orrville, OH.
Position starts at $20.00 per hour!
Hours will be 4pm-2:30am, Monday-Thursday
The Heavy Equipment Operator prepares organic mixes using a heavy equipment loader, pushes or relocates piles to ensure segregation of materials. Supplies production with a continuous supply of material. Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat, turns stockpiles, extinguishes small fires and ensures the proper amount of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use. Maintains equipment.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, snowblowers and other pieces of equipment.
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by management and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty environment.
- Ability to work in all weather elements, including heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to climb in and out of equipment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment.
- Qualifications for the position
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- One or more years of experience using medium and/or heavy equipment.
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.