Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing a Multi Heavy Equipment Operator with construction experience to join our team on a project in Centertown, KY. A valid drivers license is required. You will be required to operate various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. You may operate all or some of the following types of equipment: excavator, backhoe, bulldozer, skid steer, lull, font-end loader, motor grader, dump truck, and water truck. You will operate equipment for earthwork/excavation projects, site preparation, hoisting material/equipment, road work, final grade and other construction needs.
Authorization to work in the US lawfully without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Observes load hook up and determines safety of load
- Manipulates controls to regulate speed and direction of equipment and hoist movements according to written, verbal or signal instructions
- Cleans and maintains equipment and hoisting mechanisms
- Inspects equipment for defective parts, documents and notifies the equipment foreman or supervisor of any defects or malfunctions
- Loads, transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment
- Inspects rigging and related equipment
- Required to understand and interpret load charts
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions
- Works independently in the absence of supervision
- Ability to read and interpret maps, sketches, drawings, specifications and technical manuals
- Can use hand-held mobile radio units to coordinate tasks and resources
- Can perform a variety of skilled construction and maintenance tasks
- Can perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods in unfavorable weather conditions
- Ability to communicate clearly / both orally and in writing or via radio, perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment
- Performs other duties as required
- A valid drivers license is required
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Experience with bulldozer, skidsteer, loader, backhoe and excavator
- Ability to judge the grade of the landscape
- Final grade experience
- Ability to set up and operate equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures
Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner
- Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment
- Ability to commun icate and receive instructions using voice, radio and hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed or moved
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment on unlevel working surface
- May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation
- May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.