DCP Midstream builds connections to enable better lives. As a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society, we focus on technology and innovation, and safely and reliably operating a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and want to hire top talent for every job opening. If you believe you have the skills and qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply even if your background is unique or non-traditional. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and support our employees with opportunities for continual growth, ongoing training, and internal mobility.
Benefits and Additional Compensation
All employees contribute to DCP's success, and all jobs are eligible to share that success through our short-term incentive program. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and other unique offerings including flexible work arrangements for applicable positions. Health and wellness are a priority, and our paid time off benefits include generous and inclusive parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
Serves as the health and safety technical professional at the asset. Refers to established policies and procedures to provide guidance on compliance requirements. Collaborates with site leaders to build safety culture. Confers with more senior level peers to develop recommendations for changes to work conditions and procedures to improve the work environment and comply with all health and safety regulations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Develops knowledge of health and safety regulations related to assigned assets
- Inspects work environment for unsafe work procedures and hazards to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Implements company health and safety policies and procedures
- Assesses compliance company health and safety policies and procedures and provides recommendations to strengthen programs
- Assist with providing safety perspective toProcess Hazard Analysis (PHA), coordinatesManagement of Change (MOC), participates inPre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), manages contractor qualification and directs safe work practices.Supports operations during sequential and safety meetings presenting data and statistics to support regional goals and objectives
- Supports incident investigations ensuring root causes are identified
- Recommends corrective action items related to incident investigations, audits, agency inspections, etc.
- Contributes technical support duringhealth and safety/Process Safety Management (PSM)audits
- Coordinates industrial hygiene efforts for asset including exposure monitoring and assessments
- Supports site physical security program
- Coordinates and conducts required health and safety training
- Creates various reports and presentations for dissemination to asset, division and corporate audiences
- May interact with local communities to ensure positive and pro-active relations are maintained
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or a similar degree field and/or equivalent experience
- 2 years of related experience is preferred; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Prior experience with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration preferred
- Knowledge of safety work practices and operational processes with a working knowledge of Process Safety Management systems preferred
- Knowledge of safety permitting processes (i.e. hot work, confined space entry, lockout/tagout, excavations, etc.)preferred
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Occasional travel will be required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Health, Safety & Psm / Full-timeJob Posting:
Sep 20, 2022, 9:08:30 PM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.