Interested? Fill out an employment application (Download Adobe Acrobat form to provide digital signature or fill in form in browser and print to add signature). Send your resume and application to [email protected].Shifts for Victor, NY :
Download Employment Application
Job Department :
8am - 5pm (Mon-Fri) Description :
Working in conjunction with others, develop, implement, and sustain key safety programs to protect the health and safety of the employees of Gorbel. Use sound technical judgment and strong teambuilding and interpersonal skills to identify, assess, analyze and prevent or resolve safety hazards in all manufacturing and office facilities in New York, Alabama, and Arizona. Serve as the technical safety expert, providing both strategic safety expertise and day to day leadership and execution of safety-related activities. Educate leaders and non-leaders on how they contribute to a safe work environment, and coach and develop them to implement and sustain safe work practices. Drive results both through the education of and collaboration with others and by personally carrying out safety related activities and projects. This role is primarily focused on safety and occupational health; environmental compliance work is included but is much less frequent.Responsibilities :
Required Qualifications :Required Education and Experience:
- Lead safety in a highly collaborative manner that provides employees the opportunity and responsibility for helping to create a safe work environment.
- Manage safety professional in remote location.
- Develop, implement, and administer safety programs, policies, and practices to enable a safe workplace.
- Maintain and manage EHS process documentation and records.
- Analyze accident, injury, near miss, audit and other trend data to identify opportunities to continuously improve workplace safety.
- Track incident follow-up activities to ensure that identified actions resulting from accidents, near miss, or hazard identification are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform, and teach others to perform, job hazard analyses (JHAs) and workplace safety audits
- Assist in planning for changes in facilities and equipment to protect employee and visitor safety and health. Examine plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment, facilities, to determine if all HSE precautions have been included.
- Develop, perform ergonomic analysis of tasks and workspaces; recommend appropriate solutions to reduce ergonomic risk factors
- Ensure that all PPE is compliant and meets the protective needs of the workforce; engage and consult with users in the selection of standard PPE
- Oversee noise, air, hearing, and other required testing and management of any required response.
- Develop and communicate emergency preparedness, response, and evacuation practices and processes.Ensures readiness via regular communication and drills.This person is the lead Emergency Evacuation Coordinator.
- Develop safety communication programs and practices
- Develop and deliver safety training; create safety talks for leaders to deliver; track employee training and ensure compliance with training requirements.
- Lead cross-functional Safety Committee
- Liaison to Workers Comp carrier; files required accident reports and OSHA and other required regulatory filings.
- Work with HR Business Partners and functional leaders to identify light duty and other RTW opportunities for injured employees.
- Maintain current expertise on safety and environmental compliance regulations and trends
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, or other related field
- Minimum of five years working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five years working in the safety field
- Experience in the lead safety role for a manufacturing facility
Preferred Skills :
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and other governing body regulations
- Must have a safety philosophy of inclusion and engagement for all leaders and employees.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training
- Strong process development and writing skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication;
- Very strong interpersonal and active listening skills; ability to effectively relate to and collaborate with others in many different organizational roles
- Ability to lead and develop people who are not direct reports; ability to influence others and inspire commitment
- Willingness and ability to both be strategic and carry out tactical work and tasks
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills; ability to manage multiple tasks
- Willingness to work a schedule that overlaps part of second and/or third shifts as necessary to train managers and employees and to ensure all shifts are engaged in safety thinking, planning, and activities
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-15% of the time. Position also may require occasional travel to Canada.
- Knowledge of ergonomic principles; experience conducting ergonomic analysis
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, particularly pertaining to paint booth permitting and waste stream disposal requirements
- Experience working in an environment with a strong culture of safety in which employees are highly engaged in the creation of a safe workplace is very strongly preferred. Experience leading the creation of this type of culture is even more desirable.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, paid time off package, 401k with company contribution, FSA or HSA options, educational assistance, dependent scholarship program, onsite fitness center, and much more! Work Environment :ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office
Gorbel® is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Gorbel® is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at 585-924-6204.
Interested? Fill out an employment application (Download Adobe Acrobat form to provide digital signature or fill in form in browser and print to add signature). Send your resume and application to [email protected].
Download Employment Application
This job has expired.