Mercer is currently recruiting for a Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant to join our team based in our ChicagoMercer office
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
We will count on you to:
- We are the globalleader in the human resources consulting
- As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits: multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets - benefits coverage starting Day 1
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits anddiscounts on products and services, and more
What you need to have:
- Perform the role of Project Manager to teams solving complex client issues to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations
- Serve as day to day contact for a diverse group of clients
- Support internal teams by orchestrating multiple work-streams, including specialty groups and other lines of business
- Establish relationships with vendor and carrier contacts to serve clients in managing all benefits administrative functions including eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, changes, and amendments
- Participate in setting strategic direction and delivering innovative solutions
- Prepare reports for clients based on analysis of RFPs from insurance carriers and other vendors
- Interpret data to identify trends and compare against client specific benchmarks and business objectives
- Assist clients with establishing budgets and recommend plan options to achieve their financial goals
- Enable clients to attract and retain key talent that drives their businesses
What makes you stand out:
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of Health & Benefits experience preferably in a consulting environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Previous working experience with employee benefits in a consulting environment
- Client facing
- Advanced excel skills; V-look-up, pivot tables, macros
Mercerbelieves in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses includingMarsh,Guy CarpenterandOliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visithttps://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter@Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates areEOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/GenderIdentity employers.
This job has expired.