Mercer is recruiting for an experienced Health and Benefits (H&B) Consultant based in the Pacific Northwest.
Health and Benefits Consultant
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The Health and Benefits Consultant will serve as a vital part of the client team managing projects -and ad-hoc client requests as well as providing financial, contract and administrative analysis.
- The consultant will be a contributing member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy, interpreting and presenting benchmark and plan utilization data to clients and ensuring plan and program changes are properly implemented.
We will count on you to:
- We are the global leader in the human resources consulting; you will work with some of the brightest thinkers in the industry
- You will work collaboratively with a supportive and friendly team
- The position offers considerable growth opportunity
- As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits: multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets - benefits coverage starting Day 1
What you need to have:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and implementing benefit program strategies
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to clients
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and ancillary benefit programs.
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of clients
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams and subject matter experts, as well as with clients
- Interact with carriers and vendors to gather quotes, negotiate, handle client service issues and review plan documentation
What makes you stand out:
- 3-5 years of health industry or HR experience
- Ability to work at a fast pace, both independently and in a team environment
- Capacity to multitask, manage competing priorities with strong time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous working experience with benefits
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Advanced excel skills; V-look-up, pivot tables, macros
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/ . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.