Location is preferred in Parsippany, NJ, but could be remote.
The Head of Diagnostics Customer Experience is responsible for leading planning and marketing efforts for comprehensive solutions that help veterinary professionals to predict, prevent, detect and treat pets in their care. They will leverage data and digital platforms to build a connected customer experience that communicates the value of Zoetis Diagnostics to the professional and pet owner. The Head of Diagnostics Customer Experience will partner with Marketing and Medical colleagues to develop positioning and messaging that communicates best medicine through a case management approach in areas like wellness (vaccines and parasiticides), geriatrics, dermatology and pain, and will implement marketing strategies that ensure continuum of care and case management-based messages are integrated in communications across audiences and channels. This leader will work with the Financial Programs Manager, Net Revenue Management and Finance colleagues to deliver incremental revenue through unique programs that link Diagnostics to other Petcare solutions. The Head of Diagnostics Customer Experience will leverage industry guidelines and develop and maintain relationships with KOLs to inform positioning and messaging and to engage in delivering case management-based medical education. They will also coordinate with Global Diagnostics, Global Commercial Development (GCD), Veterinary Medical Research and Development (VMRD) and Business Development (BD) on strategies that leverage anonymized aggregated data to develop predictive tools and to develop diagnostics that are highly aligned with Petcare solutions and enable incremental value. This leader will supervise a team of 3 cross-portfolio marketing professionals and will be a member of the Diagnostics Marketing Leadership Team.
As a colleague within Diagnostics Marketing, he/she will model Zoetis core beliefs and communicate the importance of conducting business in a manner consistent with those values and behaviors.
Leading the Business
- Communicate the value of Zoetis Diagnostics to the professional and pet owner through messaging, marketing, and programs
- Build a connected customer experience by leveraging data and digital platforms
- Lead the strategic planning efforts for the holistic Diagnostics customer experience; including market and competitive analysis, positioning, messaging, and development of communications plan focused on both external and internal customers
- Develop plans that leverage and integrate across Rx and Dx comprehensive Petcare solutions (ie. continuum of care)
- Responsible for managing the A&P budget for assigned area
- Develop, implement, and measure effective, targeted, multi-channel marketing initiatives that educate and drive demand leading to overall market growth and increased product usage
- Provide timely marketing materials and programs to the Sales Force and all channel partners in support of demand creation efforts
- Support product development and participate in commercial development and lifecycle planning as part of the Global Asset Team
- Be highly responsive in managing all communications with customers, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Territory Business Managers, Area Business Managers, Diagnostic Sales Consultants, Diagnostic Technical Specialists, Major Accounts, Customer Interaction Team, and Senior Management
- Direct and maintain ongoing relationships with agencies and consultants
- Develop a strong knowledge of standards of care, competitive landscape and customer insights
- Prepare strategic updates and manage communications to appropriate Zoetis Senior Management
Qualifications & Experience
- Assess and coach individual and team performance to exceed business goals
- Coach and direct team in developing comprehensive marketing strategies, objectives and plans and in identifying and including key stakeholders throughout the process
- Actively coach direct reports to optimize their performance and develop their capabilities for advancement and future opportunities
- Define and provide ongoing developmental opportunities for marketing team
- Foster an environment where coaching and feedback is open, ongoing and consistent
- Leverage talent and resources across the marketing team and across business units
- Maintain and continue to bring new talent into the marketing organization
These qualifications, experiences, and skills are highly desirable; however, they do not preclude exceptions based on an individual's performance history and demonstrated potential.
- BS/BA and relevant experience is required, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in animal health with increasing responsibility and a proven record of success in strategy development, brand and communications management, Diagnostic marketing experience strongly preferred
- Strong business/financial acumen, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills with attention to detail, proven ability to manage budgets and expenses
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in developing and executing brand strategies and tactics to achieve and surpass market share and revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and coach
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to oversee complex, cross-functional projects that require input from many internal and external stakeholders
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and expertise in marketing disciplines: brand and communications strategy and management, market research, customer insight, and marketing execution
- Strong written and verbal communication, project management, and computer software skills among standard company programs.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful, fair decisions based on relevant info
- Ability to interact with Senior Management and peers with confidence and conviction
- Ability to favorably influence people without direct authority; strengths in team and relationship building.
- Ability to travel for key meetings, tradeshows, and customer interactions (20%)
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.