Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni is seeking a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer with an excellent reputation to join our Newark, NJ office with experience consistent with, but not limited to: .
- Responsible for assisting staff and senior level engineers with the execution of multiple concurrent geotechnical projects
- Working with other staff engineers and geologists as well as communication and coordination with clients, drilling subcontractors and other design professional on the project team.
- This position will also require working with other field staff and coordination with clients and contractors during construction.
- This individual will be performing various site visits.
- Assistance with and performing geotechnical engineering investigations, preparing reports, and developing recommendations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must as well as basic geotechnical engineering experience.
- Capable of overseeing construction inspection operations as well.
- BS in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Geotechnical. Masters degree is a plus
- EIT or able to obtain within one year
- 0 - 3 years experience
- Valid Driver's License - Reliable Transportation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must as well as some basic geotechnical engineering experience.
Why Work With Us?
- Capable of assisting with the coordination and management of a project team and overseeing construction inspection.
- Work effectively as part of a team and individually, balance workload and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working on a construction site as some work will be in the field to observe and document construction activities (concrete placement, deep and shallow foundation construction, earthwork, infiltration testing, basic survey and layout activity, test pits, test borings, etc.).
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.