Safely assist drivers, equipment operators and other employees in the grouping and sorting of solid waste materials.
- Identify, tag and notify driver of prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
- Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
- Separate and sort metals and other materials into burnable and non-burnable.
- Sort through material to remove contamination and prepare for shipping by running aluminum cans through the magnetic separator, compacting newsprint and running loader for mulching.
- Coordinate loading and unloading of trucks.
- Steam clean and wash dumpsters, trucks, and compactors weekly.
- Clean grounds and other areas as needed or requested.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired, but not required.
- Must pass drug screening and a criminal background check.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach and lift in an outdoor environment 90% of the time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, climb and balance.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to manually lift/move up to 65 pounds regularly.
- Ability to manually push/move up to 100 pounds with assistance from another employee.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
This job has expired.