Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins TestAmerica, Inc. is searching for a GC/MS SVOAAnalyst II in Burlington, VT
TheGC/MS SVOA Analyst II prepares and analyzes environmental samples using both standard and complex testing according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's. Validates and reviews data for accuracy through Level I reviews. Uploads laboratory data into LIMS system to generate data packages for delivery to clients. Must be knowledgeable of a broad range of laboratory testing equipment requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
Performs laboratory procedures requiring knowledge of scientific methods and testing procedures including:
- Batching and prepping samples for analysis taking into account special and varied client and QA requirements
- Making reagents for sample analysis
- Aliquots extracted samples to maximize laboratory productivity
- Preparing appropriate standards to ensure compliant data
- Determining appropriate routine and complex analysis methods for a wide variety of organic and inorganic samples
- Operation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments
- Uploads data into LIMS system for review.
- Performs Level I review of data produced to ensure accuracy.Maintains logbooks.
- Monitors refrigerator temperatures.
- Responsible for performing job functions within TestAmerica EHS and QA standards.
- Maintains housekeeping standards for work area.
- Inventories and stocks laboratory supplies.
- Orders supplies.
- Washes and inventories glassware.
- Writes NCM's for projects with QA issues.
- Purges analyzed samples.
- Assists in training new analysts on laboratory procedures.
- Assists in other areas of laboratory when needed.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Burlington, VT are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- Reading, writing and speaking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team participation and meeting management skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
- Complete work within time and quality constraints
- Work independently following written or verbal instructions
- Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
- Follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Organic preparation
- Metals preparation and analysis
- Gas Chromatography
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- Radio Chemistry
- Wet Chemistry
- High Resolution preparation and analysis
- Low Resolution preparation and analysis
BS or BA in chemistry or related field. 3 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
Experience: Minimum 2 years' experience in routine and complex laboratory procedures and instruments, preferably in a production environment
Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional InformationEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.