Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Formulations Operator who will grow at our Operations Facility in Fort Madison, IA.
Pays up to $27/hr (dependent on experience) paid biweekly
This position will be responsible for performing various jobs associated with the formulation of lawn/garden products and management of the plant utilities and hazardous waste system.What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Accurately blending/mixing numerous chemicals, per product formula, to meet production line filling needs.
- Unloading tank trucks and rail cars of raw materials.
- Transferring raw materials/products as needed making sure all tankage, piping, hoses and valve arrangements are accurate.
- Making precise measurements of materials used in formulations utilizing batch check sheets to assure compliance with formula, while entering product work orders in a accurate and timely manner.
- Assuring that duties are performed safely and in compliance with applicable EHS&S requirements.
- Working closely with planning, laboratory, and operations management to assure availability of quality products.
- Maintaining accuracy of raw material and bulk products by completing end of run inventories in a timely manner.
- Maintaining PM of equipment and follow good housekeeping practices in all areas.
- Managing all plant hazardous waste streams.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- High School Diploma required.
- One year of related operations or chemical worker experience
- Math skills up to and including Algebra.
- Ability to work shifts and overtime.
- Ability to successfully complete the Formulator Training Program.
- Ability to learn and operate computer-controlled processes for record-keeping purposes.
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.