Financial Analyst or Strategic Financial AnalystThe position can be located in our four Cambia states - OR, WA, ID or UT
At Cambia, our members need us more than ever, and to continue serving them, we need to be vaccinated. Following federal mandate, all Cambia Health Solutions employees, including 100% remote workers, need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 1/1/22.
The Financial Analyst or Strategic Financial Analyst serves as a trusted finance business partner in the area(s) of support, by providing financial guidance and support; builds budgets, forecasts, conducts variance analysis and reporting; prepares financial analysis and support such as cost-benefit, return on investment and capital resource analysis for new business opportunities, proposals, contracts, or product development; supports cost savings and process improvement efforts; provides financial governance and oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering highly effective presentations to a group or team.
- Develops financial models and analysis using advanced analytical techniques and complex financial systems; provides business with solid alternatives to issues; some guidance required.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, coordinates and monitors a variety of work streams.
- Provides training or consulting expertise to other departments, analysts and external stakeholders.
- Identifies, raises and effectively articulates issues with multi-business area or cross-functional impacts; provides informal leadership if needed, monitors and improves unit work flow/processes.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Working knowledge of applicable statutes, policies and procedures in a specific functional area.
- Readily identifies and effectively articulates issues and alternatives.
- Demonstrated success with repeated solid decision-making.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communications, including the ability to extract and articulate key business issues in a manner that is meaningful to the audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business principles, theories, and concepts, as well as knowledge in multiple business areas (e.g. operations, HR, marketing, health care services, etc.).
- Proven track record in providing solid consultation, education, and influence to the business.
The Financial Analyst typically requires bachelor's degree in business, accounting, economics or statistics. CPA, CMA, MBA or ASA, along with health insurance experience preferred plus 2-4 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Strategic Financial Analyst typically requires a bachelor's degree in business, accounting, economics, or statistics. CPA, CMA, MBA or ASA, along with health insurance experience preferred plus 5-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com