The North America Finance team is looking for an experienced Finance Manager in the Atlanta, GA office to be a business partner to the specialties team. The specialties value stream (business segment) is our largest customer portfolio and most diverse product mix making it one of the most complex segments. The role is responsible for working closely with the Commercial Vice President, sales and marketing directors, and all other cross functional team members in developing and implementing a long term, profitable, sustainable business model for this value stream. The position will work with the team in developing and delivering meaningful analysis of the business operations and timely and insightful financial information that will enable the value stream leadership to make good business decisions and grow the business profitably.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through volunteering and working with non-profit partners and local schools towards making communities safer, supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education initiatives and growing recycling by consumers. We operate in a strong encouraging environment with opportunities to be a part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsQualifications:
- Advise the Value Stream Vice President and their commercial team with financial support on identified portfolio optimization opportunities.
- Responsible for providing all necessary financial support and developing appropriate opportunity analysis to evaluate potential new business opportunities and contract negotiations
- Understands full end to end product cost and closed loop scrap to analyze BOM changes to provide changes to customer pricing.
- Provides support analysis, management and optimization of inventory levels, e.g. number of SKUs, order size, shipment terms, warehouse locations, consignment locations.
- Responsible for updating on an ongoing basis the Value Stream operating and strategic agendas including resulting CAPEX requirements.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and coordinating Requests for Approval (RFAs) for the Value Stream.
- Undertakes preparation of all ad hoc analysis in support of business performance and prepare / coordinate all business performance reporting requirements for the Value Stream both financial and non-financial.
- The preparation and coordination of the annual planning cycle, providing volume and conversion premium by sub segment along with explanations on trend changes and year over year plan changes and all other reporting activities associated with the annual plan, including monthly forecast updates and comparisons to the plan.
- Responsible for reconciling actual volumes and conversion premium and the load of actuals to our management reporting system to support financial reporting, commercial reporting, and general business reporting requirements.
- Responsible for understanding product profitability and providing cost saving opportunities to operations as well as the commercial value stream that would support improved product profitability.
- The creation and improvement of value stream reporting that will provide the latest market information to support strategic commercial decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; preferred Master's Degree
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing company
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, planning and scheduling, capital project planning and implementation, finance and budgeting, quality systems, metallurgy and maintenance
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines with emphasis on sustained accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to travel to client and plant locations
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, a top tier centralized database planning tool (i.e., Hyperion), and dashboard reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with data mining in disparate systems
- Preferred experience with SQL, PowerBI, Alteryx, or Python
Novelis' Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis' North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis' corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.