As a Field Service Engineer - Beam Physics, you would be responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair of IBA equipment's and systems (applies to hardware and software) at IBA or on customer's site, to deliver within defined timelines a final reliable working product, matching quality, performance and customer satisfaction requirements.
Challenges we will trust you with:
- Install and/or test equipment/systems according to specifications; Adjust and fine tune subsystems according the requirements of the procedures
- Repair equipment/systems, taking all necessary actions to solve problems and document solutions
- Maintain equipment/systems according to the maintenance schedule
- Provide remote, on-call support to sites under CS/Installation
- Provide training to customers and less-experienced engineers on site regarding proper and safe usage of equipment and systems
- Maintain a clean working environment and behavior in line with the safety rules
- Report and document interventions and actions undertaken with a proper level of detail and accuracy
- Propose solutions that improve equipment reliability, instability, and operability
- Ensure all IBA and legal requirements for safety and quality within the teams
- Provide technical oversight of one or more sites according to area competencies
What you need to qualify for this position?
Education and Experience:
- A Master degree in Physics or engineering
- An experience in High Energy Physics, Particle Accelerators or Medical Physics is a strong asset
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook are required
- Basic knowledge of Python is considered a PLUS.
Company Who are we?
- Ready to travel intensively (more than 60% of the time)
- Takes initiative without being directed
- Good customer service mentality
- Strong commitment to team work
- Works well under pressure
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA's Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.Sustainability commitment
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet's health.
"Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote 'business as a force for good', balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability."
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out ourto find out more!Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new Offer
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBAoffers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects;top class courses
- Evolving in afriendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being arekey to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.