New York, New York
Primary Responsibilities & Opportunity:
Apply principles of fiduciary accounting to analyze financial information and prepare federal and various state estate tax, gift tax, fiduciary income tax and private foundation returns.
Prepa re formal accountings for trusts and estates and maintain annual accounts and records for various estates and trusts .
P repar e calculations for estate planni ng purposes ; comput e trustee's and executor's commissions; calculat e unitrust and annuity payments and maint ain records with respect to payment dates . C oordinat e distributions to various trust beneficiaries; arrange for payment of estimated taxes; maint ain tax "tickler" and verif y timely filing of returns .
C onfer with attorneys, investment advisors, and administrators on various matters as questions arise.
Communicate with Internal Revenue Service and State Tax Departments as needed .
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm's information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint;
• Proficient in OMEGA accounting software;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities;
• Must be able to work independently with the ability to establish and build partnerships in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in estate and trust environment (law firm preferred);
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or tax.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please contact us at PillsburyWorkday@pillsburylaw.com .
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!