VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Facility Maintenance
Location: Hutchins, TX
Rate of Pay: $24.54 hrly (Hourly rate of $20.00 plus $4.54 p/hr additional Fringe Pay)
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Facilities Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining various facilities and keeping equipment in good repair and proper operating order following manufacturers' standards and normal and customary maintenance industry standards. The Facilities Maintenance Worker must be capable of completing work orders, repairs and maintenance without constant supervision. The Facilities Maintenance Worker will have no direct supervision of employees and will have no direct budgetary responsibilities, other than working to prudently control maintenance costs.
- Assists in development and maintenance of systems for facility reporting of maintenance problems.
- Evaluates electrical, plumbing, structural, equipment and other maintenance issues and completes any repair or maintenance consistent with level of technical expertise, using contract providers for work that only exceeds the technical expertise of the Facilities Maintenance Worker.
- Builds or modifies interior walls or other structures.
- Installs equipment as directed and moves furniture/fixtures as may be required.
- Orders and maintains a tool and repair part inventory.
- Establishes a preventative maintenance program for facilities and conducts that preventative maintenance on the structures and related equipment.
- Completes periodic reports on the status of repairs and the general condition of the physical facilities.
- Recommends priorities for repairs and evaluates the level of expertise required for those repairs, including costs.
- Performs the approved maintenance procedure for each facility and assists in training appropriate facility staff in its accomplishment.
- Completes all forms, work orders and related paper work in a timely and professional manner.
- Must work independently by driving unassisted to and from job assignment sites in a safe, professional and timely manner.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and professional conduct consistent with the mission of Volunteers of America Texas.
- This person must use safe working habits including but not limited to, using lift belts to prevent back injuries, protective eye covers and gloves where appropriate to prevent personal injury.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V #CBRecommended Skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus six years of relevant experience.
- Valid Texas Drivers' License, clear MVR, and ability to be ensured.
- Customer Service
- Financial Management
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Hutchins, TX Job Type
Installation - Maint - Repair Experience
6 years Date Posted
01/18/2022 Job ID
This job has expired.