You'rea reliable, motivated and team-oriented person who likes to pitchinandkeep things clean and safe.You enjoy working both inside and outside, andyou'lldo what it takes to get the job done safely and effectively. You know how to manage your time, and colleagues can count on you to be patient, tactful and cooperative. Youdesire to learn new skills, be part of a teamand advance within a growing company.
Environmental Technicians identify, collect, transport, process, package and preparehazardous and universal wastes, recyclables and solid waste for storage and disposal.You'llplay an integral role in supporting the Project Manager onsite.
Day in the Life
Aftergrabbing your favorite morning beverage, you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Suit up in yourPPE(Personal Protective Equipment).
- Conduct inspectionsonsiteandshare yourfindingswith theProject Manager.
- Collect, load and containerizematerials,and preparethemfor storageor shipment.
- Operatea forklift (or similar equipment) to load, unloadand movematerials.
- Check onwaste containers throughout the facility (you'llnotifyyourProject Manager when containers arefull,orifshipments are required).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Certifications: 40 Hour HAZWOPER,8 Hour HAZWOPER,DOT, RCRA
- Relevant experience in the environmental industrypreferred
- Moderatecomputer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Valid driver's license
- Forklift certification/license preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Comfort wearing a respirator if needed.
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- Paid Time Off& Holidays
- Find out more atwww.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.