Enterprise Data Architect
Marsh McLennan (MMC) Database Services are growing at pace and currently have an opportunity for a creative, inquisitive, Enterprise Database Architect.
What you need to have:
- We are a large team who together, are responsible for significant projects for 3000+ databases across the UK, Canada & the US.
- We are offering an emerging and varied role, with a stimulating range of duties and responsibilities, designing strategies for our Enterprise Database Systems and setting standards for operations, programming, and security, using ETL architecture standards.
- We are moving to an automation first approach, so would love for you, to bring your inquisitive, entrepreneurial nature to your work, we want to be asked what could we do? How can we make things better?
- We would look for you to research & present new, replacement tech that will contribute to defining, maintaining, and strengthening the database strategy, service offerings and support of this critical department.
- Our Database Services team are Global, this role could be based remotely, out of any of our UK, Canada, or US office locations, with a degree of remote working also available.
What makes you stand out?
- Significant Database experience or other related computer science experience
- Sound knowledge of DBMS (Database Management Systems)
- Talented in Database and cloud computing design, architectures, and data lakes
We will rely on you to:
- Experience of or interest in NoSQL and/or MongoDB Atlas
- Familiarity with data visualization, data migration and data modelling tools
- Be a strategic thinker
- Experience in applied mathematics and statistics
What can you expect?
- Design and construct large relational databases.
- Integrate new systems with existing structure and refine system performance and functionality.
- Manage data integration and train users on effective implementation of database practices
- Take complex codes and break them down logically for end-user understanding
- Compute solutions to data problems in a timely manner with techniques that offer long-term success
- Transmit information feedback between end-users and data specialists to ensure high-quality programs
- Research industry best practices in emerging technologies and implement into database design
- Maintain an open and optimistic point of view to build broad systems that provide dependable and customized usage to multiple end-users
- Provide support with continuing maintenance, updates, and upgrades; identifying and fixing problems as they arise
- Provide recommendations for performance tuning and improvements to existing databases
What is in it for you?
- To be a valued member of a rapidly growing Database Services team at MMC.
- Comprehensive benefits
- To join a truly global organization that can offer excellent ongoing career development opportunities
- Be a part of a dynamic, innovative, and fun team spanning the Globe
At Marsh McLennan, we understand the complexity, and the reality, of the modern career path. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you would be a great fit for the role, we would love to hear from you.
The National US average range for this role is $130,000 to $150,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives. We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
Marsh & McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching$17 billion,Marsh & McLennanhelps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInand Twitter@mmc_globalor subscribe toBRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.