Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for an Engineering Technicianwho will join our Scotts Miracle-Gro team in Temecula, CA.
Positions starting at $29.95 per hour!
The Engineering Technician will be responsible for assisting with the design and building of new automation cells, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical failures of new and current automation and assembly lines, performing preventive maintenance and inspection on production machines and equipment according to a scheduled system and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Read engineering drawings and independently fabricate parts from those drawings using conventional fabrication methods (vertical mill, lathe, drill press, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and maintenance on parts of equipment including machines including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic repairs.
- Repair production line equipment including conveyor belts, packaging equipment, grinding equipment and stacking equipment.
- Ability to rebuild and rewire motors
- May perform or assist in the installation of machinery and equipment.
- Cut and welding, including light steel fabrication.
- Strong electrical knowledge
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic
- Inspects and adjusts equipment.
- Assist in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Performs maintenance duties or other duties as assigned.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Prior relevant maintenance experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability for prolonged and repetitive motions of standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending, climbing, reaching overhead and arms/hands dexterity.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Teachable attitude and ability to learn on the job in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read numbers, product descriptions, and maintain written records.
- Ability to push buttons, monitor controls, and perform basic math functions.
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.