Build your future together
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for assisting construction engineering operations toensure construction work complies with all engineering standards.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Interpret design/drawings for takeoff and workforce for bidding and building construction projects.
- Prepare and distribute all required documentation such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor.
- Provide technical support and direction regarding project materials meeting specifications, delivery dates and construction schedules.
- Assist with change orders and estimates by preparing drawing and sketches to support estimating and construction work to meet changing job requirements.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs and material pricing to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Maintain accurate records of quantities for work performed and materials installed for cost controls on construction projects.
Field of Study
- Must have High School Diploma or GED and be working towards a bachelor's degree
- Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, of technical training and related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 0 - 2 years construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with a calculator.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Additional Requirements/Skills
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Company's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.