This position is responsible for managing engineering in the areas of electrical, automation and computer systems to contribute to the achievement of the Warren Plant production system, as well as providing leadership, direction, and support the design and maintenance of the electrical equipment in the plant. This position is also responsible to support and improve the plant's safety, quality, and cost objectives. In addition this engineer will be supporting the reliability of specific machine centers or specific speciality areas and assocuated reporting of metrics, and have direct responsibility for annual capital projects.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Maintenance of existing electrical and automated systems within the scope of the EMRA Group.
- Application of mature systems engineering knowledge in planning and conducting projects having a scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult and responsible assignments.
- Application of state-of-the-art technology and techniques to resolve complex electrical and automated system issues.
- Development of custom software tools to assist other members of the Manufacturing Unit in resolving unique or complex technical problems
- Provide support in the aluminum manufacturing process by working closely with the Operations, Engineering, Administrative, and Process Groups.
- Works as an integrated team member within the Manufacturing Unit and at times, direct the work of vendors and consultants. The individual is also involved in equipment, operator, and maintenance training programs.
- Promote EHS policy, implement the EHS management system and ensure continual improvement of EHS performance in day to day operations.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe working conditions at all times.
Asset & Process Reliability
- Develop, manage, report on the execution of annual capital projects for plant improvements on time and on budget within the plant's approved annual plan.
- Provide on-going support to achieve world class reliability for the plant's critical assets.
- This program requires developing and implementing optimized PMs, improving and implementing new predictive maintenamce activities, and reporting the plant's weekly downtime metrics accurately and timely
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Software skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture
- Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools and C# or VB.Net programming
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks Desired Qualifications
- Experience in HMI/SCADA systems. Experience with WonderWare HMI systems a plus.
- Experience with SQL programming and relational databases
- Experience in building client/server applications
- Experience in multi-threaded applications development
- Experience working in an IT environment organization
- Experience in Windows operating system management and configuration as it pertains to a networked manufacturing environment
Novelis' Warren facility is located in northeast Ohio- approximately an hour drive from Cleveland and an hour and a half from Pittsburgh. The facility built in 1965 applies coating to rolled aluminum beverage can sheet. The sheet is used to make aluminum beverage can lids for global soft drink beer and sparkling water brands. Warren showcases several high-end cultural venues including the Warren Community Amphitheater and Packard Music Hall. The 75+ employee Warren team is active in the community promoting recycling supporting STEM education and offering a helping hand to local community shelters. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage.Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.