Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Applied Intelligence -CEC Controls is currently recruiting for an Electrical Control Engineer L3 to join our team in Metro Detroit, MI. The office site is Warren Michigan with some work from home opportunity, as well as client sites during project commissioning and standby phases. We are looking for Electrical Control Engineers that must be able to perform the design of control systems, from start to finish, as well as the engineering and field startup of control systems. Experience in industries related to automotive are priority. Demonstrated trouble shooting skills are absolutely necessary.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with solid experience as an automation engineer or systems integrator, for someone who is looking for career growth with a major organization.
Excellent benefits, bonus program, some travel [25%] may be required.
We are looking for long term, driven and dedicated individuals.
- Utilize client Quality Check Tools - used to validate standards are properly executed
- This position is a key member of our team helping to maintain high quality standards
- Standards deployment including on time outputs of contract deliverables
- Participate in Design Reviews and support customer meetings
- Write and edit PLC programs including: I/O mapping, network diagnostics, conveyor control, routing and tracking, HMI, FIS and IIOT fault messages and more
- Experience with VFD/Motor tuning, torque proving and point to point operation is a plus
- Field Debug of PLC programs, VFD parameter adjustment, HMI prove out and wiring debug
- Execute work within budget, on time and with exceptional quality
- Lead a team to execute the plan
- Forecast time/resources to complete remaining work
- Estimating experience is a plus
- Execute, supervise, and verify all work aligns to customer specifications and expectations
- Apply special knowledge of automation, controls engineering, and robotics where applicable
- Travel to customer sites as necessary for the betterment of team or to deliver optimal solutions
- Able to self-check PLC programs, such as verify all I/O is used, step by step conveyor sequence is correct
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering & Technology, or equivalent relevant work experience with a technical degree or certificate
- 3 years plus of industry experience working for a systems integrator; must include control panel and circuit design (in its totality)
- non-standard designs, system map layouts, sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time, studies and dimension switch layouts
- design packages, write logic, develop HMI screen and commission your design
- Knowledge of system architecture, including non-standard material, control panel power requirements and/or distribution
- Capable of reviewing the specifications and standard practices (internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work)
- Technical knowledge and skills required:
- RSLogix 5, 5000, Studio
- RS Networx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet IP
- DriveExecutive, DriveExplorer
PanelBuilder PDS, 1400e; 32, RSView Studio
- Capable of assisting with installation, and debugging with no additional support
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Technical knowledge/skills considered an asset: Ford NextGen or GVoss standards; Microsoft Office Suite, Siemens
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.