Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Applied Intelligence -CEC Controls is currently recruiting for an Electrical Control Engineer L1E to join our team in Metro Detroit, MI. The office site is Warren Michigan with some work from home opportunity, as well as client sites during project commissioning and standby phases. We are looking for Electrical Control Engineers that must be able to perform the design of control systems, from start to finish, as well as the engineering and field startup of control systems. Experience in industries related to automotive are priority. Demonstrated trouble shooting skills are absolutely necessary.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with solid experience as an automation engineer or systems integrator, for someone who is looking for career growth with a major organization.
Excellent benefits, bonus program, some travel [25%] may be required.
We are looking for long term, driven and dedicated individuals.
- Performing Design of Automation control systems, requirements which will include:
- Review specifications and standard practices
- Follow internal and customer standards as required
- Establishing non-standard logic and designs as required.
- Create system map layouts, sequence of operations, drawing packages, write PLC logic, and develop HMI screens
- Specify panel and field material by creating Electrical Bill of Material's (EBM's)
- Field duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in installation oversight
- Start-up and Debug at customers facilities
- Launch support and Standby support (post commissioning)
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering & Technology, or equivalent relevant work experience with a technical degree or certificate
- 1-3 years of industry experience working for a systems integrator
- non-standard designs, system map layouts, sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time, studies and dimension switch layouts
- design packages, write logic, develop HMI screen and commission your design
- Knowledge of system architecture, including non-standard material, control panel power requirements and/or distribution
- Capable of reviewing the specifications and standard practices (internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work)
- Technical knowledge and skills required:
- RSLogix 5, 5000, Studio
- RS Networx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet IP
- DriveExecutive, DriveExplorer
- PanelBuilder PDS, 1400e; 32, RSView Studio
- Capable of assisting with installation, and debugging with no additional support
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Technical knowledge/skills considered an asset: Ford NextGen or GVoss standards; Microsoft Office Suite, Siemens
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a ladder to a mezzanine
- Able walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer (backpack)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.