JOB TITLE: Employee Health & Benefits Account Associate
DIVISION:MMA Southeast / Ironwood
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Founded in 2007, Ironwood continues to make a positive impact on our clients by protecting their business and supporting their employees across the world, providing Corporate Risk and Insurance, Employee Benefits Brokerage and Consulting Services, and Private Client Services. Our depth of resources, technology platforms, and dedicated service teams provide our clients with the level of risk management and insurance and employee benefits services they need to protect their assets and attract and retain employees.
Our mission is simple: Make a positive difference through service to our clients, our community, our insurance company partners, and each other.
As of January 2020, Ironwood officially joined Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC (MMA), a subsidiary of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. MMA was established in 2008 as a separate operating subsidiary of Marsh Inc., primarily to serve the employee benefits and property/casualty needs of the mid-size employer market. Under the umbrella of Marsh, Inc. and the Marsh & McLennan Member Companies, we are recognized as the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world-class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Account Associate ("AA") partners with Account Managers ("AM"), Account Executives ("AE") and Producers with daily client requirements, including but not limited to RFP preparation, implementation of renewals, eligibility, benefits administration, client communications, and associated technology. The Account Associate is easily accessible on a day-to-day basis and always provides excellent service.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- The AA has a basic working knowledge and understanding of the employee benefits brokerage and consulting business.
- This person will prepare and send carrier RFPs for clients ranging in size from 50-2,000 employees.
- They will deliver presentation materials for prospective and existing clients.
- The AA will work with AM or AE for new client onboarding and renewal execution.
- The AA is responsible for implementation of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability plans, as well as implementation of COBRA, FSA, HRA and HSA plans.
- The AA will provide assistance setting up benefits administration processes for clients (manual or automated processes) and eligibility process interface.
- They will assist clients with 5500 filings, document review, annual compliance notices, and ACA reporting.
- Facilitate general problem solving and researching answers to client questions, including escalated claims and eligibility issues.
- There must be an ability to work within a team setting and demonstrate value outside of your assigned role when client or team needs call for it.
- The AA will provide assistance with post-sale/renewal activities and preparing open enrollment materials, as well as assistance with design and content of custom employee communication pieces (in partnership with the Creative Services team).
- Organizing and conducting onsite or remote enrollment meetings is a requirement of this role.
- The AA will perform bill reconciliation and administrative problem solving.
- The AA will be responsible for requesting and organizing claims reports for client stewardship meetings.
- This person will also provide additional assistance in the new business and renewal process as requested.
- As necessary, the AA will enter data into the agency management system and verify for accuracy.
- This person must have a demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the Account Executive, Account Manager, Producer or others.
- Participates in the new business marketing process as directed by Producer/Account Executive.
- The AA will attend team meetings, educational workshops, carrier functions, staff meetings, and social events, as needed.
- This person will provide support in setting up and executing client benefit surveys as well as wellness initiatives as needed.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 2+ years of work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
- The Account Associate may be required to travel overnight on a limited basis for client open enrollment meetings and other related client engagements. Approximate travel is up to 15-20%.
- This position has daily interaction with internal staff, clients, and vendors on behalf of the Company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) and company match program
- Generous PTO, VTO, and Parental Leave Policies
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
This job has expired.