Writes, edits, tests and produces content for Blue Cross websites and applications. Creates customer-focused content for Blue Cross websites and applications using plain language and content strategy best practices. Works with the digital team and subject matter experts to ensure that content is both technically and stylistically accurate.
- Writes and edits on-strategy content for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan websites and applications.
- Experience writing or doing strategic planning for Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Able to collaborate with multiple departments and teams to ensure content aligns across channels.
- Understands the importance of using data and/or personas to create content that is highly targeted.
- Works with digital analysts and subject matter experts to understand business requirements. Proofreads copy for grammar, style and accuracy.
- Creates, edits, publishes, audits, and maintains pages within the web content management system. Prepares content for the web following best practices for search engine optimization, including proper use of keywords and preparation of relevant meta content such as description, title and alt tags.
- Collaborates with other members of the content strategy team while creating and maintaining content strategy deliverables such as content matrices, audits and inventories, messaging, process flows, and page tables.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of relevant professional web editing/writing experience.
- Experience using enterprise web content management systems such as Adobe AEM/CQ.
- Collaborative, positive attitude with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize time effectively.
- Strong understanding of digital content best practices.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.