Linde is seeking a Dry Ice Plant Operator - Supervisor to join our team located in Benicia, CA. The Dry Ice Plant Operator - Supervisor ensures plant operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner the assisting with production work as needed. The plant supervisor may be required to regularly perform production work in addition to supervisory expectations to meet production requirements in the event of employee absence or heavy production schedule. This position is responsible for day-to-day operations of dry ice plant equipment, including block ice machinery and ice nugget extrusion machinery, as well as troubleshooting and routine maintenance of the dry ice production equipment. Other duties include: loading, unloading, sorting, staging, shipping, receiving, and transporting products into and out of a production facility using a forklift and/or pallet jack.
Dry Ice Plant Operator - Supervisor- 1st shift
- Ensure plant operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Remain compliant with all external regulatory agencies including FDA, DOT, EPA, OSHA, DHS, as well as all Praxair policies and procedures
- Supervise personnel on a fair and consistent basis in order to help foster an atmosphere where employees are motivated, informed, and empowered to do their jobs
- Drive productivity throughout the operation to maximize plant capabilities and operational efficiency
- Alignment of production against orders to ensure maximum customer service
- Responsible for providing proper job training and supporting employees in career development and growth opportunities
- Manage employee activities in conjunction with company policies and procedures
- Effectively conduct accident/incident investigations in accordance with company policy
- Complete performance reviews prior to the employee's merit review date
- Support inter-company and route truck distribution of products to help ensure efficient, timely, accurate, and professional delivery
- Interact professionally with internal and external customers
- Assist in implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required or as revisions or changes are made
- Conduct daily & monthly toolbox meetings to engage staff in continual safety and customer service enhancement
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to problem solve
- Able to lift, rotate and lower 60lbs consistently throughout the work day
- Professionally interact with shipping companies, customers, safety, customer service and/or branch management
- Communicate effectively and ability to act with a sense of urgency when necessary
- Follows Praxair safety procedures and encourages others to do the same
- Self-motivated, reliable, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Maintains a clean work environment by keeping area organized and clean
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet business demands
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of general manufacturing or warehousing
- Forklift experience
- High School Degree or GED is required
- Basic computer knowledge
- Microsoft Office experience
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.