Safely operate roll-off truck and ancillary equipment on an assigned route to service customers in a safe and efficient manner. Deliver collected solid waste to disposal site.
• Operate roll-off truck and ancillary equipment to collect solid waste on a specified collection route.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
• Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
• Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
• Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
• Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation including any required customer specific rules or regulations.
• Communicate any potential hazards in serving/picking up container to Supervisor/Lead prior to performing task
• Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
• Satisfactory driving record.
• Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen and a criminal background check.
• Must pass the written and road test evaluation.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.