Job ID: 395380
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
The Driver Foreperson guides and supports our internal driver team. They foster a culture of safety and engagement. Continuously create value through collaborative efforts in streamlining operational activities, maximizing utilization, and equipment uptime. Continuously create value through coaching and mentoring a team of drivers and lead drivers. Collaborates in identifying gaps in transportation and delivery process and recommends sustainable solutions. Collaborates with other operations departments, safety, dispatch, and maintenance departments to maximize organizational value and ensure fleet up time meets customer demand.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Teaches adherence to policies pertaining to PPE and always sets the example by wearing the appropriate safety equipment.
- Ensures the required daily vehicle inspections are performed to prevent mechanical problems that could result in a safety or performance incident.
- Champion the Smith System program to build and maintain a safe driving culture. Corrects poor driving patterns and recognize positive driving habits.
- Mentors all team members for whom he is responsible how to conduct themselves in a safe and prudent manner in the wide variety of situations which they may find themselves exposed to. Including customer service delivery.
- Leading toolbox as well as coach drivers leads in proper presentation of toolbox talks. Ensures all drivers participate in toolbox talks.
- Fluent in all federal and state regulations, including OSHA, MSHA, and DOT. Foreperson is expected to recognize and purposefully address or escalate any driver/vehicle actions or issues that are not in compliance with the standards set forth.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the company's safety program and policies related to both delivery and plant equipment. As well as communicating safety policies to the driver team.
- Thoroughly understands and can communicate company policies related to safety, equipment, security, and facilities.
- Works closely with the support manager related to training and educational activities. Records are kept confidential and are promptly forwarded to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for delivering quality education to new and existing Delivery Professionals in accordance with company policy.
- Foreperson attends or leads monthly safety meetings, providing reinforcement support at all times.
- Participates in the formal investigative process. The Driver Foreperson assists in assessing incidents and suggesting improvements to company training curricula to prevent future recurrences. Participates in event learning.
- Foreperson thoroughly understands all aspects of proper material delivery and quality.
- Communicate roadway or jobsite issues that may impact the interests of the company to both Delivery Professionals and to Company Management.
- Understands established driver time standards and company efficiency objectives. Foreperson strives to exemplify and teach efficiency while prioritizing safety and quality. Driver Foreperson will identify gaps in drive time standards that can impact delivery or efficiency.
- Endeavors to anticipate and fulfill all customer needs that do not infringe upon principles of safety or integrity. Their attitude should be positive, forwarding and exhibit a customer centric nature.
- Knowledgeable in fleet maintenance and proper function. The Driver Foreperson is fluent in daily inspection, preventive maintenance, and cleaning procedures. As well as process of escalation for equipment repairs and issues.
- Support implementation and success of various innovation and technology including: Transportation Management system (Ruckit), Formstack, Verizon Connect.
- Remains informed of vehicle and equipment changes, safety performance and incidents throughout the company.
- Participate in interviewing new-hire candidates, support their orientation and will take an active part in new hire development, training and provide ongoing coaching.
- Member instructs Delivery Professionals in a positive, professional, and consistent manner with continuous reinforcement and coaching. Foreperson provides individual mentoring, as well as group instruction, always projecting a positive company image and providing constructive input.
- Effectively assists in evaluating progression of new hire trainees and existing Delivery Professional performance and objectively reports observations to Company Management.
- Accountable for driving performance amounts the driver team including NPT (nonproductive time), fuel consumption idle time and time accrued to complete a job.
- Promotes efficiency amongst drivers and guides drivers on processes that have a direct impact on the process.
- Communicates and collaborates with the equipment group on fleet maintenance constraints that impact the LOB. Develops collaborative efforts to maximize fleet up time.
- Visits internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction across all facets of delivery and support a customer centric approach within the group.
- Help create a collaborative environment and create high performing and supportive structure across lines of business. They should understand how their operation drives value in other areas and implement activities and planning to help achieve success in other areas including aggregates, asphalt, construction, and transportation groups. This person will also work closely with the dispatch department to ensure Safe, quality, and efficient production from the delivery team.
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years working or driving (Class B or A) in an aggregate or asphalt industry
- Fundamental knowledge of aggregate and asphalt commodities
- Must have a current CDL Class A or B
- Understanding of aggregate commodities
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to mentor and guide a driver team
About Pennsy Supply
- Mobility to attend various meetings and events at offsite locations
- Hours are extended throughout the year to include nights and weekends when necessary
- Travel may be required
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
EOE/ M / F/ Vet / DisabilityWhat CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Nearest Secondary Market:
Harrisburg Job Segment:
Transportation, Supply, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.