Role: Over the Road Driver
Location: Crawler Overhead Center
Reports to:Edward Newman
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane is a coast-to-coast crane rental and lift solutions company specializing in crane rental and turnkey lifting services including operated, maintained, and bare rentals. As specialists within our field, we offer innovative solutions to meet your project’s needs. With one of the most modern and extensive fleets of portable cranes in the world, Maxim Crane can supply you with equipment with a range of capacities. Situated in over 60 locations, each branch can provide management services, including transportation, risk management, safety and insurance programs that are unparalleled in the industry. With our expansive resources, we are a one-stop shop for your project needs.
Over the road drivers transport and deliver crane parts over long distances in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
* Hook and unhook trailers; secure freight; install and remove tire chains as required by weather. Deck trailers as needed.
* Load and unload trailers and perform lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying freight.
* Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
* Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
* Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects/repairs to Company personnel.
* Represent the Company and the trucking industry in a professional manner.
* Valid Commercial Driver's License
* 4 years previous tractor/trailer driving experience
* Knowledge of all applicable DOT Regulations and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
* Meet all standards (medical, safety, etc.) required by the DOT and pass required drug/alcohol test
* Must have a TWIC card
* Acceptable background investigation results.
* Able to be away from home for extended periods of time, available for round-the-clock trips and able to remain alert while driving for periods of up to 11 hours
* Able to squat, crouch and reach as needed to handle freight, able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab numerous times each day
* Able to push and pull freight at a self-selected height with a force of 150 pounds.
* Able to access and manually release fifth wheel lever and tandem pins which requires horizontal pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 44 inches and pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 38 inches.
* Able to occasionally carry or move freight/crane parts weighing up to 70 pounds.
* Able to install and remove tire chains, hook and unhook trailers, secure freight
* For flatbeds: able to handle, install and remove special equipment weighing up to 110 pounds including chains, straps, Dunnage, tiedowns, etc.
* Must be able to work in severe weather conditions -- both heat and cold.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 13 minutes ago
Posted 9 minutes ago
Posted 9 minutes ago